IDENTITY: MOHAMMED LABEEB BADRI SCHOLAR ID: L0669DODO1011 MODULE: MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTATION SEMESTER you – MANAGING SKILLS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP FEBRUARY…...Read
1) IKEA is a good global pieces of furniture company, that was founded like a mail order business previously. The eye-sight of IKEA was to make a better existence for the countless people, besides offering qualitative products with affordable prices, IKEA was aiming to be environmental friendly and social dependable. Nevertheless, the flourish of IKEA likewise brought several problems, and IKEA was currently seeking a better way to deal with the child labor issues of its suppliers.
2) IKEA was faced with a harsh concern due to the privately using of kid labors by IKEA's dealer, thus, IKEA had to discover a way to deal with the situation and give a appropriate reply to public and its consumers.
3) Marianne Barner: business region manager to get carpets for IKEA. She had to resolve the issues regarding child labor of IKEA's suppliers. Ingvar Kamprad: the founder of IKEA
Rangan Exports: one of IKEA's suppliers that was using child labors.
4) IKEA got sent the best team to Geneva to get input and advice via International Labor Organization approach deal with the condition. Also, that they hired a 3rd party agent to monitor child labor methods at its suppliers. Furthermore, that were there all their suppliers sign the best document claiming that if a supplier employed children under legal functioning age which the contract will be terminated.
5) I think IKEA should not merely cut off it is relation with all the supplier. Also, IKEA will need to participate in the program. The program would be a chance for IKEA to explain themselves and their worries toward their very own suppliers. By using a lot of years, IEAK got already received good pictures and areas from consumers, public, organization areas and government. Therefore , to show IKEA's responsibility and clear the intention could help with making a positive image, and strengthen IKEA's business power.